Saturday, January 6, 2018

A good day to sew!

Woohoo!...looks like Blogger has fixed the problem regarding photos being able to be posted....I'm so glad the problem wasn't something on my end. Evidently this affected quite a few bloggers in the last 24 hours or so!

Yesterday I mentioned that I would be taking part in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge offered by Angela at SoScrappy. The challenge this year is called Squared Away and you can read more about it HERE.

I think I will make my blocks at the 7.5" size and today I will try to get started. 

It's another frigid day here, -23celcius at the moment, so a perfect day to dabble in my blue fabric bin to get started on this one.

............................................................................................................

I seem to have a lot of block-of-the-month type quilts on the go. One is this year's BOM offered by one of my guilds. Here are my blocks so far...


The blocks are large...I think 15"... and fairly quick and easy. I really have no explanation, then, why the block in the lower right of the pic took me three tries!!! 

This is an original quilt designed by TKHarrison from BOMquilts.com.

............................................................................................................

I think I have broken my old record on how soon I've purchased fabric in a new year. I went out this week to find the final fabrics that I would need for Down the Rabbit Hole. I fully intended on using Shott (sp?) cottons, but ended up buying Grunge, which is a surprise to me as Grunge fabrics are not my favourite!



......and here's a preview of how this border will look...





To take surprising myself even further....just before Christmas I bought the background for the upcoming BOM offered by Sarah Fielke for 2018, Simple Folk. It's another fabric from the Grunge line!...


....so weird!!!  I'm pretty sure that I'll be going with these fun prints for the applique, but I'm kind of tempted to use Liberty-like prints. We'll see.

I am linking up with Angela at SoScrappy for this year's first edition of RSC18.

Please, stay warm and safe!




7 comments:

  1. Great colors on your new fabrics. It looks like they will work perfectly on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two Fielke projects !! You are ambitious for sure. I love the rich colors in that fabric line. I remember being very tempted by those rabbits last year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had trouble with the blogger photo problem yesterday, too! I was so glad when it finally worked later in the day. I like your guild blocks, and new fabric purchases, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like wonderful fabric choices for you projects. So glad you are joining in the challenge this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have PLENTY of projects to keep you busy during 2018!! Best of luck with all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want that pattern Down the Rabbit Hole, is it really worth the $$
    Stonefields has been the most expensive, but I was so disappointed when I purchased Life is Beautiful - it is a rip off. I have seen a couple of bloggers who have made this quilt and it is striking! Glad all is fixed!

    ReplyDelete