Tuesday, January 2, 2018

6 & 6 in 2018...+3

There all kinds of blog-posts out there offering us motivation to make a dent in some of our UFO's this year.

6 x 6 in 2018 is the one I am choosing to try. You can read about it HERE today at Pomegranate and Chintz.

The concept is to finish six UFO's and have six new projects.

I've wanted to carefully pick the six to finish...they need to be quilts that I'll actually have a chance of sticking to and enjoying, although Meredithe assures us they don't have to be "finishes"...they can have "Significant Progress"!

So, here are mine, in no particular order....

1. Nature's Neutrals

This quilt is so close to being finished. I just need to add two more rows of blocks. I also want it quilted and bound...truly finished.



2. Happy Days

This is one that I'd wanted done last year in time for the Fall Fair, but it didn't happen. It will actually be on the agenda to quilt this month, so it will be first UFO on the list. One of the guild's I belong to is having a quilt show in May and I'd like this in the show.





3. Marvelous Mini

This was a sewalong offered by Temecula Quilt Company. I'd like to finish it to donate to a raffle at the quilt show.




4. My Small World

I barely started this one a while back, not even sure where the bits are, but this is still a quilt I want to get back at and finish. So, for that reason it is going on the list. It may be one that only sees "Significant Progress"....but I'll be good with that!



5. Down the Rabbit Hole

I've been working pretty steadily at this one and would like it done for the quilt show.




6. Border Creek Mysteries

This is the one that I'm a bit red-faced to come clean on. 

My local quilt shop, Quilt Junction, offers the Border Creek Mystery quilts every year. They are beautiful and very well-written patterns. 

I'm currently taking part in my fourth of these mysteries. And...here's my guilty secret....I've not finished any of three past ones. One of them hasn't even been started. Two of them are so close to being real quilts and I'm practically caught up on the current one.

My sixth on the list will be to finish all three of the ones I've started!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, the next step is to have some "starts" in 2018. This list doesn't have to be complete, as who knows what "squirrels" will pop up through the year!

Here is a bit of my list...

 1.

I have signed up for a Kaffe Fassett Mystery that starts in March.


2.

I couldn't resist signing up for the new Sarah Fielke BOM, Simple Folk", since I've enjoyed the last two so much! You can take a peek at the upcoming BOM HERE and perhaps be tempted, too!

3.

I need a new Christmas tree skirt. In December I purchased fabric for it and it will be done in time for Christmas 2018!!!






4.

I'm going to try to take part in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge offered by So Scrappy. You can read about it by using the "button" over in the right-hand margin.


I have a couple more that I'm sure will be started, but I think that's all I'll say for now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For my challenge, I am going to add the " +3 ". I have three small projects that have been hanging around and I'd love to just get them done.


The first is a small candle mat that I've had the kit for for maybe two years...


The second is a name tag holder to wear to guild...I've had the little kit for a year or so...




...and the third is a small kit that I got free at Quilt Canada in June 2017. Should be quick and easy, so no sense in not just getting it done!



Well, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed...but also feeling good to have a plan.

Won't you join me in 6 & 6 in 2018

I will be linking up with Pomegranate and Chintz today. Why don't you visit and get inspired by what others will be attempting this year!

Have a good day....and keep warm!!













9 comments:

  1. Love the fabrics you choose for your Happy Days and your Down the Rabbit hole is coming along nicely too ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness what absolutely gorgeous projects you have in the mix. Yes, get them finished! Too beautiful to be hidden away. And I have signed up for the Sarah BOM too and I also have It's A Small World in my file! Here's to a happy new year of stitching for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delighted that you are joining in with the challenge - looking forward to seeing your progress. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Sharon. I just read recently that BOM's are collectibles!
    Cheering you on from the sidelines, Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally do-able IMHO! Love that little freebie last one..oh I think we all have more than one red face of shame quilty secret!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful color choices on all your projects! But, I'm LOVING Down The Rabbit Hole!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a good selection of projects can't wait to see the progress you make on them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where do you begin words on a heavy post such as this? I am excited for your goals for the year and wish you well on them all.

    I am drooling over your Christmas tree skirt fabrics - scrumptious!

    Down the Rabbit Hole is so gorgeous. I think I am in love! I am a sucker for any quilt with houses or building on it.

    I would struggle to give away the Marvelous Mini. It is darling!

    Nature's Neutrals looks like a very fun project that wouldn't take too much thinking. It is so nice to have a few of those in between the difficult ones like your Happy Days quilt. It does need to be in that quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I picked mostly 6 that really shouldn't take me that much time to finish, but knowing me, they may still not get done this year!

    ReplyDelete