My goal for August was to complete my Halo quilt top.
This was a quilt that I started a couple of years ago then stalled on. I'm glad that I came across a Halo sewalong on Instagram that helped motivate me to get back at it. We were to do two blocks per week....easy peasy.
I'm so happy that I accomplished my goal...
When it came time to sew the blocks together I used a method of organizing the blocks that I learned on a retreat last year.
Normally I would gather up all the blocks for the first two vertical rows off of the design wall and sew them together, then gather up each subsequent row and sew it on.
This method, instead, has you get all of the blocks carefully stacked in a pile waiting to be sewn together. It's a bit scary, but it works! Thanks to SS for teaching me a new trick!