Sunday, June 5, 2016

Quilt Show Season, Part 2

This weekend was the quilt show for the Hamilton Quilters' Guild held at the Ancaster Fairgrounds. What a very good job they did of hosting a beautiful quilt show! 

One always hopes to come away with just a glimmer of inspiration. Well, this show certainly provided that for me!

A while back I stalled on my Gypsy Wife quilt, designed by Jen Kingwell...


There were two Gypsy Wife quilts hanging at the show....

...stunning!....and now I want to get back at mine. I know why I stopped, there was part of it that intimidated me but I need to get over it!

There were many beautiful quilts...and I found myself drawn to the more modern looking ones...

  

We had fun cruising the vendors. Caught up with Lana from Quilt Junction...
Then I saw it...."the" quilt!....actually there were two of "the" quilt, hanging side by side....


This one is called "Moonlight at the Oasis" by Jen Kingwell ( I do like the Aussie designers! ). No surprise either, one of my friends loved it, too....we do seem to like a lot of the same quilts. 

Something of interest was a booth devoted to Featherweights. They were so pretty! 

I've always wanted to do a Spiderweb quilt and there was a beauty at the show...
I actually have some yardage of bubble gum pink fabric that I've put aside for over 10 years (15?) for my Spiderweb quilt! 

One day....one day there will be time to do all the quilts I dream of....won't there??? lol

This quilt show reinforced something I've realised lately. It's been a long time since I've made a quilt using something other than a scrappy look. These truly are my favourites!  Even though some of my quilts use similar fabrics, such as my Happy Days Sarah Fielke BOM where I'm using mostly TulaPink fabrics, they still have that scrappy quality about them. 

Talking about Happy Days....this is the block I am working on today for some slow stitching...
This block has given me trouble. Well, not so much the block as my fabric choices! I've changed this up a couple of times and I'm still not sure but it's not being changed up again. Just a few more leaves and it will be complete. 

I've really been side-tracked by a few wonderful projects and they have taken the focus off my two main applique projects. So, after this block is done I will return to my FlowerGarden. It's sooo close...maybe two months of morning applique and it will be done!

Puppy update

Here the pups are this morning at four days old.
My grandchildren came for their first peek at the pups on Saturday. I let them name the pups. They are Olaf, Buddy, Batman, Ana and Marshall!

Minnie was a proud Mama and let the kids hold a pup for a few minutes. 

It's an overcast day here today, maybe a perfect day to make a new tote bag to take to Quilt Canada in a couple of weeks! I am going to use the pattern that is in the current Canadian Quilter magazine designed by Laura Coia. 

I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching and with Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh,Scrap!

Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment