Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Stitching on a Sunday

So the countdown is on!

 Image result for mall at Christmas rush

Any longarm quilter will tell you that this is an important time of year. Almost any quilt scheduled in December is a quilt that is most likely a Christmas gift for someone. It takes careful planning to get the scheduling done just right so everyone gets their quilts on time.

Ever since I started my little business the only time off that is written in stone (kind of) is that I like the last two weeks of the year to be time put aside for my family and me. Saying that, my hope is to be on holidays as of December 19th. I feel good that I'm on schedule, but we'll see if that's still true at the end of the week!

We did the obligatory Christmas trek to the mall yesterday. I almost feel claustrophobic in the city this time of year. I think we're done...just have to buy a roll of Scotch Tape and we can start wrapping!

Today I started my day as usual with a bit of applique. I hope to squeeze out an hour to prepare more of my AuntieGreen'sGarden today as I only have one more little flower ready to go. I don't usually have a problem picking out fabrics, but I'm a bit stuck on what colour the flowers should be in the middle of the right border......purple, maybe???
Also, I was able to catch up on my Day in My Life hearts this morning. One day this week I realised I had gone two days forgetting to pick out my heart of the day....too much to think of this time of year, I guess???
I think with all these projects and more slated to start in the New Year it would be nice if I can start to finish my workday at 3:00 every day and have late afternoon to work on piecing. Well, I can dream, can't I?!

Today is Slow Sunday Stitching over at Kathy's Quilts. Have a look at her blog today to see what others are working on!

I'm also linking up with Cyndy at her blog, Quilting is More Fun Than Housework. I think both of these projects qualify for her "Oh, Scrap"!




No comments:

Post a Comment