Monday, November 23, 2015

Unexpected retail therapy!

What's a girl to do?

I finished work early, then I got the call that my dentist appointment was cancelled, so I got the notion to call my quilty friend to see if she felt like an outing to our local quilt shop, Quilt Junction in Waterford.

Of course, my friend said, "of course!"! lol

I knew that I needed to get out there sometime this week. Now that I've decided to take part in Quiltville's mystery, Allietare, I needed to get a piece of grey fabric. I don't have much in the way of grey in my stash. The mystery starts Friday! I will only be making half the quilt this time, but that should be big enough for a couch quilt, I'm sure.

Here's what I've come home with...

I don't work a lot with black fabrics, so figured I'd feed the stash a bit with a few fat quarters. Also, to make it more do-able this time for me, I've decided to go with one constant fabric for the background.

Luckily, I have a lot of reds and golds on hand to add some scrappy flavour to the project!

For stocking stuffers this year, I've decided to try making fabric microwaveable bowls. These are to hold the bowl in the microwave and to hold onto as you lift the hot bowl out of the microwave.

I was going to use stash for these "bowls", really I was. Last week I was wishing I have more in the way of cherry fabric since cherry trees are sentimental to my family. Well, what was the first thing I laid eyes on at Quilt Junction....

Couldn't resist!!! Now to get them made.

That's all for now. I'd better go pick out today's fabric choice for A Day in My Life (Quilty365). I'm still keeping up with one a day!





No comments:

Post a Comment