Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Killer Curves

Yesterday I had the opportunity to be in a class taught by Ruth Kennedy from Fergus, Ontario.

She taught last year at the Haldimand Quilters' Guild last year but I was unable to go that day, so I was so happy when she spoke again at the Norfolk County Quilters' Guild and set up the same workshop!

Ruth has developed a technique called Curved Piecing. You would think the work is applique, but it is not.

Here is the block I completed in the class.....

Ruth was very generous and concise in her teaching. We learned a lot of valuable information from this workshop. Most of us had not had experience with using invisible thread in our machines, so Ruth made sure we all had one-on-one attention in making sure we had our stitch just right!

She also made sure that this pattern had what she called a "killer curve" so in future projects we can go forward with confidence!

I think I'll piece four more blocks to get a tablerunner made, like this one of Ruth's.....


Here is a picture of Ruth Kennedy holding up another creation....

She had many pieces to demonstrate how she has used this technique. Ruth is thrilled to have been asked to be a teacher at Quilt Canada 2016. If I remember rightly, I think this piece in the picture will be what will be taught in that class. So any of you going to Quilt Canada next year, I recommend this class....Ruth made it all so do-able!

And, of course, there was a lot of fun and laughter,......and homemade brownies!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment