Saturday, October 10, 2015

Ribbons!!!

Well!!!

I had so much fun with my Circles this past year. I purchased the pattern at QuiltCanada2014, so there is a sentiment there. I thoroughly enjoyed the applique process (big surprise, huh??? lol). And I had so much fun quilting it, using a lot of techniques I've learned the last couple of years with some world renowned quilters!

Now, to top it all off, my Circles has won at the Norfolk County Fair....First Place in it's division and also taking Grand Champion for Machine Quilting! What a glorious end to this quilt's journey!

Here it is with it's big ribbon....

....and here are a couple of close-ups while it was being quilted.....




I had three other quilts entered in the Fair this year. I thought three may have a chance at ribbons and the fourth would be iffy. Well, the iffy one actually won a prize for hand-quilted crib quilt and my Home Sweet Home didn't place at all. Lol, I always forget about Home Sweet Home but entered it since it had had such high interest in my last trunk show!

Here is the one I entered as a crib quilt, Raise the Barn Roof High. I entered it there because of the size....it was either that or "wall-hanging" and it doesn't have a sleeve so I was afraid it would get disqualified in that category. It is a small one, perfect to put on my lap while I'm appliquing in the morning!

I was a bit surprised that it had ribboned since I was trying a new quilting technique on this one. I was very happy with the technique and the results but didn't really know how the judges would like it. I guess they liked it well enough!

This is my Sunburst quilt. It also received a ribbon, which I am proud of. I hand-pieced the main blocks in this quilt over 10 years ago and just this past year I got the quilt together.....mainly because it was involved in a UFO challenge. I also used many techniques recently learned while quilting this quilt.



Earlier this week, I published a blog post trying to figure out whether or not to continue Auntie Green's Garden or bring it to an early finish.

I have something to admit. After seeing my Circles hanging there with it's beautiful ribbon, I do have a dream to do well with a hand-quilted quilt. I think Auntie Green's Garden is the one I will focus on in the next year, as I would really like to hand-quilt this one. So, some of my other many, many projects will have to be packed away for awhile so I can concentrate my early morning sessions on this quilt!

Well, I'd better be off to work...it's a short day today as I will be taking a class at Quilt Junction in Waterford later on today!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment