Friday, September 18, 2015

QuiltX.....and more Circles!

What a lovely week it's been weather-wise....I could take a couple more months of this, for sure.

I'd like to say that I've been able to take advantage of the nice days and be outside puttering away at the garden, etc., but, no, I've been having way to much fun playing on my Circle quilt!



I should continue working on it today, as I think about four more hours will call it done but I have decided to play hookie and take a day off with the girlfriends.

We made our way up to St. Mary's to an event called QuiltX and you can see what it's about HERE. It is a different kind of quilt event put on by a number of vendors. Of course, it was nice to go by way of Tillsonburg so we could drop in on Cynthia at Cherished Pieces.

One of the vendors was our friend, Lana from Quilt Junction, in Waterford. She had a lovely booth and seemed quite busy!

There were many, many vendors and it was nice that they all had their own "flavour"....not a repeat of the same fabrics from booth to booth.

I bought this necklace from Hyggelit....I kept walking past it saying "no", but finally twisted my arm and gave in.....

Although the event was mainly a showcase of vendors, they do have a couple of guest speakers doing lectures. Today was a quilter named Johanna Masko and this afternoon's lecture was about taking the mystery out of making a Farmer's Wife quilt. Here is a bit of a shot of her lovely neutral Farmer's Wife....

Now, after 35 years of being a quilter, I do consider myself somewhat experienced....but the pattern book for Farmer's Wife was beyond me! I have long since stowed mine away in a box and not looked at it for years. After today, I think I may have to re-visit this UFO and look at it with new eyes with all Johanna shared in her talk.

QuiltX is still on tomorrow (Sept 19). If you need a bit of retail therapy, I suggest taking a drive to St. Mary's. Oh, and I always appreciate it when a show makes an effort to provide a good tea room/luncheon and they certainly have done that, as well!

That's all for now. I'm sure this post isn't my best writing, but it's been a long day! A long one, but a nice one spent with good friends.

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment