Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Progress report!

Just a quick report on my Flower Garden quilt, designed by Kim McLean.

I have finished flower #23.....

It turned out really nice...if still somewhat wrinkly!  I'm not so proficient at reverse applique but it's the thing to do sometimes....such as the five green bits on the big pink flower. It adds good dimension, I think.

Only one more flower to do! So exciting, because next I get to start on the fantastic border. After I finished work for the day today, I thought it would be nice to get the border pattern out and start some prep work. My first thought was, it's not as much work as I thought it was going to be! I think I may have spoken a bit too soon.....if I've numbered the pieces correctly, there are 141 pieces and that's just the top border, lol !

Here's a picture of half of the top border pattern (the best pic I could get, sorry)....

It's going to be fun....lots of interesting bits....foxes, birds, horses....and lots of circles!

Hope you're having a wonderful Summer day!




No comments:

Post a Comment