Sunday, August 9, 2015

Lazing on a Sunday afternoon!

What a perfect summer's day! I hope everyone is able to enjoy a bit of it wherever you are!

I rarely stitch outside since I'm so afraid of losing a needle in the grass (it did happen to me on a camping trip once, and I still worry that someone "found" the needle after we were gone).

I tried to tell myself that there were a number of piddly things that need doing, but I poo-poo'd that, figuring there will be plenty of rainy days for that kind of thing!

So out under the tree I set up my chair and applique. I thought I'd start one of my Flower Garden blocks..one of the last two before starting on the border! Sat back and enjoyed a nice cup of green tea...I've tried to enjoy green tea and I think I've finally found the right one! On my way to get a second cup I was lured into getting a nice summer cocktail instead....

Perhaps "lured" isn't the correct word, as it implies someone talked me into it.....when in reality it was my own self, lol.

Here is the start of this lovely block...

I'm sure I've shared this picture of my adorable pup, Cooper, before
.....but here's the first you'll see of his new little chum, Minnie....


She's all tuckered out from all the fresh air today!


Check in on Kathy's Quilts to see what others are working on today!

On a final note....Happy 30th Birthday to my oldest son, Alex! Surely, that can't be right.....I don't feel old enough to have a 30-year old son!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment