Sunday, March 18, 2018

I don't be-leaf it....more leaves.....

I've been stitching away at my Down the Rabbit Hole most mornings. I'm still hoping it will be completed in time for our quilt show at the beginning of May.

There have been leaves....this one made me smile at the bunnies sunning themselves on a leaf...




 ....leaves....



 ....leaves.....



 .....leaves...



 ....leaves....




 ....leaves, with spiders...just to change things up....




I went on to quilt other things....




I am not enjoying the quilting of the houses, they are a bit difficult. I keep leaving them and coming back to do a bit, then leaving them again.

I finally figured out what to quilt inside the large rabbits. One done, three to go....


....I like it!!!

Yesterday, I lay the quilt out on the bed to get an idea of how I am doing after 38 days of quilting. Then I see it....


....a 24" section of leaf border not quilted! My promise to myself today is to finish these leaves off, once and for all!

I went for a wonderful run on Saturday morning. It was chilly, no wind and the sun was brilliant. 


It didn't really feel cold. Then my friend turned to me and started to laugh....she said, "You literally have icicles hanging from your hair!". 

Yes, I did....



Well, off to watch my grandson's early morning hockey game, then back to finish the leaf section of my quilt.

Have a great "last weekend of Winter" and hopefully take a few minutes to check in with Kathy to see what others are slow-stitching today for Slow Sunday Stitching.

14 comments:

  1. LOVE those leaves! LOL on the ice in your hair. Beautiful day for a run with the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am enjoying this project so much. Your stitching is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the beautiful closeups, including your icicles!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the fabrics in your quilt as you quilt it! Those leaves will soon be done! I went for a walk yesterday...I don’t usually need a hat on in March. Hoping for warmer temperatures and lots of sunshine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow icicle hair - I don't think I would enjoy running or walking in such cold I'm a wimp. Love your quilting I hope you get it finished in time for your show

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of leaves to quilt! I love your background fabric with the bunnies, but you have to look closely to see them... perfect for this project! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful quilt--I love seeing your fabrics up close. Good luck getting it finished for the quilt show. I cannot imagine any other quilt being able to take a ribbon above yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made such good progress on your quilting! The triangles in the rabbit give it so much movement, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the progress of this quilt and look forward to seeing it as a whole. Your fabrics are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your whole quilt...the design and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'Leaves' me breathless! Just love that bunny fabric - do you happen to remember who it's by?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't even like to walk outside when it is cold. Your quilting is very nice. There are a whole lot of leaves! I really like looking at all the pretty and whimsical fabrics that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love everything about this quilt, and can't get enough pictures so keep them coming! I have to give you an attagirl for sticking to the hand quilting with so many leaves--I'm hearing ya', and also for keeping up the exercise through the cold. Neither are easy.

    ~Cheering you on to a timely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happiness is the best word to describe how I feel to have my lover back, contact ❤dr_mack@yahoo.com❤ he will save your relationship❤

    ReplyDelete