Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sunday Stitches

We're still in the midst of this terrific heat-wave in my area and still so dry! 

We could see the smoke across the way on Friday where a 50-acre wheat field had caught fire. Two fire trucks were destroyed when the wind changed. So scary!, but glad no one was hurt.

Because of the heat, it's been quite a few days since we've even taken the pups outside. Last time we did they started panting right away.

This week we say farewell to the pups :(

Yesterday was Olaf and Batman's turn...

Today will be Marshall's turn so I'll have to have him pose for a picture, too.

Of course I started my day with some applique. I am still working on my FlowerGarden quilt and once I hung it up to take a picture I could see that I'm probably on track to have this border finished by the end of July.

I don't usually put deadlines on my quilts, but when one has gone on for a couple of years and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, it nice to give myself a time-frame to keep me at it.

This last week has meant more of the dreaded reverse applique. I wonder how much reverse applique will be on the final border?....I'm not going to look ahead to find out!


I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts to see what others are working on today and with Cynthia for Oh, Scrap at Quilting is More Fun than Housework.

After our errands today I hope to find a bit of time to do some prep work on my Quilty365....I'm afraid I've fallen a bit behind.

Have a great Summer's day!


13 comments:

  1. Oh no the puppies are leaving... do you feel sad? Or relieved? is it like kids leaving home? They are so adorable!
    Your border applique is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel all those things with the pups leaving, especially now that after today we'll just have one here for a few days. But it will be nice to have the house back to normal, too!

      Delete
  2. Your appliqué is gorgeous and I am going to miss the puppy updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I'm going to miss the puppy updates, too!

      Delete
  3. That border is amazing. Definitely worth all the time you have spent on it. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your fabric selection used for the applique project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your project is really coming along and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That applique is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable pics of the pups Sandra, and they look so healthy you and Minnie have been great moms to them. Your applique is beyond words, I am such an admirer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your applique is awesome and the pups are so adorable. That's a lot of wonderful all in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the colorful border! I am so intimidated by excessive appliqué work, but I do love it. Your effort is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a beautiful border! I love al those Kaffe Fassett fabrics - so joyous :)

    ReplyDelete