Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Funny how things happen...

Yesterday I decided to let go of the Splendid Sampler. 

At first it was a hard decision since I felt a little like I was giving up, but it's the right choice for me. 

The blocks are beautiful but there are so many more applique blocks than I anticipated and I have a few other applique projects on the go that take priority that I can't take time to do the ones in the Splendid Sampler. Once I made the decision to stop I felt a bit of relief, so it must be the right choice!

No sooner did I make that choice when another quilt-along came to my attention (thanks to a friend that knows how much I like TulaPink fabrics!).

This one is the Tula Pink City Sampler Sew Along #100blocks100days. If you want to read about it you can check it out here at Sweet Little Pretties blog.

As I was contemplating this project this morning during my coffee and applique, I think I was given a sign....the heart I was poking at happened to be a TulaPink one...

That clinches it! lol

Puppy update

I guess this is the last puppy update. 

All the new families have remarked on this being a good experience all around. 

I think it was, for a few reasons. We sold the pups early, at 3 weeks old. Our grandchildren had named them, which really personalised them for the prospective families. Finally, the ability for the families to text me for updates and pics of their pup really created a bond and anticipation in these families for their new pet. 

Today we say goodbye to Ana, the last of the pups...
Here's Marshall's portrait from Sunday when he left...
....and here is a picture of him in his new home with his new "sibling"...

I'm linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts to see what others have to share for Let's Bee Social





1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...so darn cute!
    We have to go with our heart on these quiltalong decisions and let go of what we don't love! I abandoned the Westering Women after the first block because it just didn't make my heart sing. That's life!

    ReplyDelete