Friday, December 28, 2018

Mulling things over a bit....

I hadn't planned on a post this morning, but it's turned into a lazy one so I may as well share some quilty-stuff while I sit with an extra cup of coffee :)

I have been stitching away at block 4 for my Queen's Garden quilt. I have to say, it's not my favourite and will be glad to get on with the next one.


Ha!....couldn't even seem to take a decent picture of it! I decided to get all the blocks up to see if this one will "fit" in...


I guess it'll blend in. I'm finding it challenging working with the neutrals, but I think it will result in a pretty quilt.

With the end of the year comes the thoughts of which quilt projects will be undertaken in 2019. I know I have too many on my mind so I think I'd better cull the herd right from the get-go. 



I'm still looking forward to doing my temperature quilt....I can hardly wait to get started! You can read about it in my post HERE.

Anina from Twiddletails is heading up the Temperature Quilt sewalong and has a good post today on getting organised. You can see her post HERE.



I've been wavering on taking part in Lorna's Harry Potter Quilt-along over at Sew Fresh Quilts. I had kinda talked myself out of it, but I'm in! You can read about it HERE.

I just have to do the Harry Potter quilt.....In our family of six, the Harry Potter novels were something that we all enjoyed...which is something, in my books! (pun intended!) I have such fond memories of all of us waiting our turn in the family line-up to read each book. 

Lorna is offering this in two sizes...10" blocks and 20" blocks. I will do the smaller version. I've taken advantage of Boxing Week sales and ordered a background fabric, but will try to do the rest of it from stash.



I wonder if it helps to write a list of projects that will take priority in 2019? Anyone have an opinion on this? Then the other UFO's could just take a back seat and be out of mind for the time being?



I do think I will participate in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge again. I hadn't even thought about it until just now, so I don't even have an idea in mind for it. I'll think on that one for the next couple of days and come up with something.


Today I am linking up with Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or Not Friday, and with Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?.



6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful blocks--now, I really like those neutrals--they look really good on those patterns...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the neutrals that you are doing! I'm working on my block 3 for our quilt. Hope to have it finished for guild. I'm in with the Harry Potter quilt. Saw the post the other day. I have a young lady in mind that would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting quilt in neutrals. Challenging. I like what you have completed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the neutrals! I feel like Dorey, lol, oh look another quilt along. My grandson is just getting into Harry Potter so guess that needs to get added to the list 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that your block fits in perfectly. It's always a challenge to figure that out when you are outside of your comfort zone but you've done a beautiful job with it. And as for making a list...I don't usually do a formal list, just a scribble on a sheet that seems to get lost fairly quickly, so last year I typed up a list and included the different stages that the quilts were at so that when I had that urge to start something new I'd see if there was anything that could get moved along to the finish line first. It worked well. I'm thinking that I might do a short post on it, so stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. goedkoop nike air max schoenen, een combinatie van elegante stijl en geavanceerde technologie, een verscheidenheid aan stijlen van goedkoop air max 2017, de aanwijzer loopt tussen uw exclusieve smaakstijl.

    ReplyDelete