Friday, November 2, 2018

The Daily Mail

Just a quick post today as it's busy times around here preparing for my son's wedding this weekend!

I want to share a "finish"....just in time for my trunk shows next week!

This quilt was a result of an Instagram sewalong, #100days100blocks, using the City Sampler book by Tula Pink.

You can have a look at my previous post, HERE, to read about it a bit more.

A quick note....this has been offered as a sewalong three times now by @gnomeangel, and she has announced there will be another 100days quilt next year but using a different pattern. Follow her to keep updated, if you have an interest. I think it doesn't start til next Summer, so lots of time to think on it!

I am soooo happy with my quilt. It absolutely is how I envisioned it. It represents a newspaper and I am calling it The Daily Mail, after a newspaper my husband reads. Kind of appropriate, as it was a daily project, don't you think?

I also didn't want a binding, as I thought it would take away from the newspaper effect, so I finished the edges with a facing...



I quilted it with the perfect design, called Malachite...


It gives the quilt awesome texture...


Hard to see the quilting, I guess, but it's difficult getting good pictures lately with the gloomy weather we've been having.

I love this quilt...



Have a great day...I really have to get going on my day now! So much to do!!!

I am linking up with Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or Not Friday, and with Confessions of A Fabric Addict for Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?.

4 comments:

  1. And love it you should! It's wonderful, from the fabrics to the quilting to its name. And I like the fact that you didn't bind it. Another spectacular finish. Have fun at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the subtle pops of colour in your mostly neutral quilt. Have a wonderful time at the wedding

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect choice of quilting design for this really neat 100 Days quilt! Congratulations to staying on course and also giving it such an appropriate name.

    ReplyDelete