Friday, November 24, 2017

Alligators, bunnies and pups!

Yesterday I took a bit of time to get some piecing done on my Magnolia Mystery.

I like my fabrics, just not sure they are playing nicely together...but that's a mystery for you....just have to wait and see!



I don't know if that is the intended setting but I thought it looked nice!


In my last post, I shared pictures of a quilt that I had the pleasure of working on lately. You can read about it HERE




In some of the comments on this post, it seemed that some people thought this was my own quilt....it wasn't. This is a quilt made by one of my guild members in Hagersville...Betty. One day I hope to do this quilt though!


I've made good progress on my rabbits for Down the Rabbit Hole. 



The fourth rabbit is well on it's way, also. 

The other day as I was working, the thought crossed my mind to hand-quilt this one. I tried to push the thought away, but it kept niggling in my brain. I'd really like this completed by my guild's  quilt show next year, so it would be a challenge to have it done in time. Who am I kidding....it will be hand-quilted and I'm already looking forward to it!


As you know, we've had two litters of puppies with Cooper and Minnie and it's been such a wonderful experience. We even get the odd picture from happy pup-parents.....like this one just yesterday...



The white one is from our first litter. Turns out he has grown to 17lbs!!! So surprising as our dogs are 8 and 10lbs.

This week I decided to get Cooper neutered before Minnie comes into heat again....which may be soon. Ironically, we found out the same day that little Minnie has developed a slight heart murmur and the vet strongly recommends against any more litters. So, I feel better about the decision....and glad we found this out.

Today I am linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop! and with Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or Not Friday.

It's a beautiful day out there...hope you can get out and enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. I so enjoy reading your posts!! I agree Down the Rabbit Hole is talking to you! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like your down the rabbit hole borders and hand-quilting? Wow it will be fabulous. That's something I have never gotten into, did one runner, (that took 15 years or more to actually finish ha) and a wallhanging...ya it's still not done. Cute pups pic and I like that mystery layout!

    ReplyDelete