It's the same old story!
The new year starts off nice and fresh with promises to get some of those UFO's completed....no new projects, right???
Well, I am here to tempt you a little bit.
There is a new sew-along on the blog of Molli Sparkles called The Honey Pot Bee. It looks interesting, so I'm in. You can read about the first installment here.
There was a bonus "wild card" block released ahead of time and it was so quick. It also started off my year of trying my hand with a bit of improv piecing...
The second sew-along was one I just discovered this morning while checking out a post over at Sew Fresh Quilts.
This one is a quilt-along called Have A Jolly Little Christmas and you can see I have the "button" for this project over in the right-hand margin of this post.
If you visit Lorna's page you will see all kinds of ideas of what can be done with this project....from tablerunner to full-sized quilt!
I had hoped to get some tidying done this week in my sewing room. I guess I kinda got side-tracked...
It was a lot of fun arranging the block on the design wall. There were a couple of blocks that stood out a bit much and I thought about replacing them....but then I got over it, lol.
My goal this month is to have this top sewn together for my #100days100blocks. I'm off to a good start!
I went to Quilt Junction with full intentions of buying some sort of grey for the sashing/binding. Well, for some reason a bolt of salmon-coloured fabric was just calling my name! Not sure how it will look in the end, but I think I'm going to love it! I have a feeling that this quilt will end up on my bed.
I did have to sew in the sashing on the top row....just to see....
This morning I started my day with a bit of embroidery on a Life is Beautiful block.
I've been hating my stitches on my recent work on this block...
For example, I had stitched some fairly decent circles at a previous time (the lower two in the blue circle), but the other two were a mess.
I've just realised that I'm using some weird needle....I must have pulled it from my little sewing case, but I don't know what that needle had ever been used for! I switched needles and that seems to have solved the problem. What a relief, as I had wondered if the bit of arthritis in my fingers was the cause.
I am linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social.
Have a great day!....and let me know if I've tempted you with these new quilty projects!!!