Sunday, May 15, 2016

Spanakopita

We did some experimenting in the kitchen this week. After enjoying the Spanakopita in Niagara-on-the-Lake a couple of weeks ago I really wanted to try to make it at home.

I've said it before but I'll say it again....when it comes to recipes, I love Pinterest! I've had a couple of "fails" but mostly have had great luck trying new things.

I have so many spices and oils in the house now because of Pinterest that I've never had before!

Here are a couple of pictures of our fun in the kitchen...


....and on the plate ready to eat....
The filling was fantastic! It may have been my first time working with phyllo pastry and I think I was a bit stingy on how much olive oil I brushed on between the layers. There will definitely be a "next time"!!!

I was able to finish one of the blocks for this month's HappyDay BOM, the other two blocks are appliqued ones. It's fun to see what others have fussy-cut for the centre square when I see other people's blocks on the Facebook group. I love this horse fabric!



I didn't have much to work on this morning with my morning coffee. I'm at a Retreat this weekend (not an overnighter, though) and I think I forgot my applique there. At least, I hope that's where it is!!! 

So, this morning my slow stitching is on my Life is Beautiful. This project has been slow-going since I don't pick it up all that often, but I'm still enjoying the blocks.
I'm linking up with Kathy over at Kathy's Quilts to see what others are slow stitching on today!

Then I'll head back to Retreat and hopefully find that my applique supplies are there waiting for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment