Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Finally, Wednesday!

Today is a time to sit back and breathe.

It's been a hectic few days. I knew it would be and was set to just put one foot in front of the other and make it to Wednesday!

On Monday I prepared and did my trunk show for the Haldimand Quilters' Guild. As some of you may know, it's quite the job to gather and pack (in order) the quilts needed. 

Here we are, all packed up!
One of the best purchases we've made for doing trunk shows is the hockey bag! We came across it one day...regular $100 marked down to $25. Perfect for holding many, many quilts...it has wheels...and has never been used for smelly hockey gear. We should have bought two!

Here are the quilters of Hagersville guild, all happy and waiting to hear my story...
I've known quite a few of these women for many years, so it was a little scary and, at the same time, a lot of fun to speak to them. 
I wish I had thought to take a couple of pictures of the show-and-tell that evening. Two women are pretty well up-to-date on the 365Challenge and showed their blocks all sewn together. So beautiful! It's inspiring me to try to catch up as I'm way, way behind on this one.

The guild is good at picture-taking, so I'm sure if you look up the Facebook page for the Haldimand Quilters' Guild you will see a picture of these two women's 365Challenge.

Thanks so much, ladies, for a fun evening. It was so nice that some of my favourite quilts seemed to resonate with you, also!

It took me a bit of pushing to actually work on Monday during the day. I almost gave up, but am glad I didn't as it was a great distraction from the nervousness of the trunk show that evening. 

I worked on a real beauty....for me anyways, since TulaPink fabrics are my current favourite...
It was quilted with a "new to me" panto called Angle Play....much different from the curvy designs I'm used to. It had a degree of difficulty getting used to....and, strangely enough, was a lot of fun and stitched along surprisingly quickly.

Here's the back...more TulaPink!...
The woman's face on the backing fabric always makes me think of the actress who plays Claire in the Outlander series.

I was even able to get one of my daily hearts done in this fabric...
Have a wonderful Spring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment