Thursday, June 4, 2015

A wee break?

What a busy month it is here at the Croley household....and an especially busy week! For a couple of hours this morning I am going to just take it easy.

I had a wonderful time speaking to the ladies in Dunnville, D.O.T.S., at their June meeting. I think it's been such a hectic time lately that I didn't have a single minute to get nervous! It didn't hurt that it was their year-end potluck and I was invited. Who doesn't love a potluck!!!! We are having a potluck for our wedding next month and people seem very keen on the idea!

So today is about relaxing and poking around in the studio. I have four large bags to unpack from last night and get the quilts back in to their proper places. I will also piece a small block on my newest UFO(!), Farm Girl Fridays. Here is a look at the first two blocks. They are 6" and sooo cute...


I really like the dotted fabric for the background. At my trunk show, I had a few comments afterward from some of the ladies on how it adds interest to use a background that may be out of one's comfort zone. This was especially noted on my "tomato soup" quilt. It's still a favourite of mine and really gets a reaction when people see it.

Here is a picture of Tomato Soup, actually Aunt Millie's Garden by Piece o' Cake Designs. Not a great picture but all I have at the moment....

( I am so glad that I'm due to get a new phone in a few months. One with a better camera is definitely in order! )

On a side note, I have to say that after a few months of posting this blog I was having doubts about continuing. I have had such nice comments and encouragement lately that I figure I'll keep at it for a bit to see if I can continue to think of things to say! I think the preparations for our fast-approaching wedding and the illness/death of my father lately have thrown me for a loop. Thanks so much for having patience with me.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment