Friday, February 15, 2019

By George, I think I've got it!

This morning's stitching/coffee time was spent working on this week's block for the Hand Pieced QAL.



Here are all the blocks so far...four done, five to go...



So, in the video tutorials for the QAL we are shown how to hand-sew taking many stitches at a time on our needles. Well, I just couldn't seem to make it work and was happy with my "one stitch at a time" approach. 

When I was sewing the final seams of this block this morning, I realised that I was actually doing it "correctly" all of a sudden without even realizing it....so cool! ....I was able to get four or five stitches on my needle at a time. I'm not going to question how this came about.....I'll just put it down to keeping on with it :)

I am a bit busy this morning, but later I'll have to visit other bloggers and see their blocks....and hopefully pictures of the backs of the blocks, as I can't seem to get my seams to twirl in a nice manner, which evidently they should be able to. 

I am linking up with Elm Street Quilts Hand Pieced QAL Linky Party, Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?, and with Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or Not Friday.






5 comments:

  1. Hand sewing is something I have not done in years. How fun that you are making these beautiful blocks by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look beautiful! I am getting more successful with taking multiple (and smaller!) stitches at a time, too - and very happy for the practice we're getting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely block. Thanks for linking up to the Hand Pieced QAL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks look so good together! This will be a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blocks! Hand piecing is so relaxing, it'll make this quilt so very special. Are you planning to use the same background fabric in all of them!

    ReplyDelete