Sunday, August 12, 2018

Oops, I did it again....

Ok, I'm saying right now.....no new projects for the rest of the year!!!

I am such a sucker for sew-alongs and BOM's. I am reluctant to say, but I'd better just come clean.....I've started three more :(

(please don't laugh at me, I know you are)



First I'll show a picture of a block I completed for my Simple Folk quilt...




Every block that I complete for this quilt is my new favourite!

And now to the new stuff....which, now that I think of it, means I will have lots to share on many upcoming Slow Sunday Stitching with Kathy! (and, yes Kathy, I know you are chuckling to yourself, you enabler you!)

I began the first block for the Save the Bees quilt...which you can read about HERE




I began by constructing the flower-head OTB....meaning "off the block" as it's so much easier to handle....





I started to applique the bees wing and realised that I didn't like my fabric choice, so this morning I switched up to the first block of the 
new Eleanor Burns mystery, Fun on the Farm, a free BOM.

I couldn't resist this one and I'm thinking it's out of sentiment. Back in the day, Eleanor Burns was one of the pioneers in bringing us a quilting show on TV. This would be before learning our craft was made easier by the internet, classes in quilt shops, etc.

It's funny, back then I regarded Eleanor as perhaps a senior....now I'm thinking she was probably younger than I am now! lol, that thought is a bit shocking to me for some reason!

Here is my first block, almost done...


It's an easy start and you can still join in....it's only one block per month....come on, jump in, the water is warm!

....and my third start this week.....



I've seen this quilt done up at a couple of quilt shows and it always catches my eye. I finally gave in and ordered the BOM which will be mailed out to me on a monthly basis from a shop right here in Ontario, which is nice. 

So, I'll say it one more time....no more new starts this year. 
The End!

I am linking up with Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching. I will browse through the other quilters that are linking up and I will not be led into temptation.

Image result for i promise image

8 comments:

  1. Somehow, I don’t believe you about starting new projects. LOL. You do lovely appliqué. I love the fabrics you choose...so bright and colourful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how many times I have said no new projects until the beginning of the year!! good luck with that. Saying that - it is what I am intending to do also - finish things already started or try to make good inroads on them and nothing new!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every one of your Simple Folk blocks is MY favorite, too! I'm really enjoying watching you work!
    And I'm still resisting starting Save the Bees, but getting more wobbly by the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your such an enabler! Love all three of these projects! The first one is my favorite so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that pig it is so cute. The Save the Bees block looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pig block. I'm always tempted to start new things too. I don't dare to count all my UFOs. But we are quilters, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so hard not to start new projects! Your three new starts are fab! I'll watch your progress with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your darling pink piggy! How fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete