Sunday, July 1, 2018

Sunday Stitches



It's the perfect day to sit a bit and poke away at some hand-stitching.

 Yesterday I prepped the next block for Simple Folk and it's one that is working up quickly....maybe because I'm a bit under the weather and I was able to do a bit extra sewing. 

Here is the block I've almost finished from the other day...




All that's missing is some small circles that need to be done just above the flower but I haven't decided on colour yet, or if they will actually fit! I think my flower is a bit closer to the top of the block than it should be.

Here is the next block....what will be a "heart in hand"...although I think it's actually a glove....




.....and there will be a cuff....


....which will have more diamond shapes and then trimmed down to size.

I was a bit frustrated doing my stitching this morning....not my best work and I'm putting it down to not feeling well. I'm not going to beat myself up about it, it's my best work at this time and that's ok.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In my last post, which you can see HERE, I talked about joining in on a new sew-along hosted by Border Creek Station, called Let's Be Friends. You can read about the sew-along HERE.

I had a plan all figured out, but now seeing the block, and the fact that it will be the same block repeated throughout, my original plan doesn't work for me anymore.

I will think on it today and give it a go tomorrow. At the moment I'm leaning toward a totally scrappy look, including the background.

I keep thinking of how much I like the look of my Year In My Life quilt and am drawing from it for inspiration....




Today I am linking up with Kathy Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching. We are in the middle of a heat-wave....a perfect time to stitch a bit and read what others are working on.

Happy Canada Day!!

Image result for happy canada day images


6 comments:

  1. Your glove reminds me of those fancy rubber gloves that I used to see in kitchen stores. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the blocks that you are working on. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks love the colors! You are so right we all have great days and not so great and it is what it is, although your blocks look just fine in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cozy quilters comment made me smile because that's just what I thought! Great project. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Sarah Fielke blocks. The bright fabrics on a darker background is striking. Although you did not ask for opinions, personally I would work on those blocks. Lol on the fancy applique rubber glove. Hope you feel yourself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blocks... feel better soon!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete