Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Tomato Soup - The Sequel

One of the favourite quilts in this house is this one...


Of course, it doesn't have a label on it, but I put it around 8 years old and it's one that everyone likes to snuggle with while watching tv... it scores high on the mooshy scale, probably because of the lovely wool batting. 

There's many things I like about this quilt and why I think it works. I used three different reds as background fabrics which gives it some nice interest and I think the blue in the border is just right. 

I'd have to look up the pattern to know what it's called....I'm pretty sure its a design by the Piece o' Cake women....but around here this quilt is simple called Tomato Soup :)

When I began my current project I was again drawn to the reds but steered myself in a different direction. As I've said in a previous post, which you can see HERE, the piece just wasn't working. I feel so much better now with switching to my original gut feeling....


...everything is just going to pop on the red background....love it!

This quilt will be known as Tomato Soup - The Sequel.


I'm going to do another plug for our local quilt show this week hosted by the Norfolk County Quilters' Guild. There are over 240 quilts to see. The guild has so much talent in quilting and fibre arts, should be a good one!



I'm almost ready for set-up day on Thursday....




I love the energy of being part of a quilt show. So much work and then it all comes down so fast when the show is done.

I'll be manning the boutique area on Friday morning and just generally hanging around on Saturday afternoon. If you're able to come be sure to say hello!

Today I am linking up with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social, and with Susan at Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers.

Have a lovely Spring day!



4 comments:

  1. I've always loved that Piece 'O Cake pattern and your version of it is just gorgeous - all those reds! No wonder it's a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lovvvvvve!! your quilt. Gorgeous reds and perfect touch of blue. I have not yet used wool batting but I am going to try it soon on my applique. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made that quilt too, but with tan backgrouds. Your quilt is
    beautiful. Red is a neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the reds in your quilt, so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete