Wednesday, February 1, 2017

February's One Monthly Goal

I don't know about you but even though February is the shortest month, for me it's also the longest month. The grey days just seem to drag out as we wait for March and hopefully the odd Spring-like day.

This year I think I'll stay pro-active and stay busy so I can enjoy the month. One plan will include going to Ingersoll to the Creative Arts Centre. A friend of mine has an Fibre Arts exhibit there for the next month and it starts this Sunday. You can see more info HERE.

The first day of February also brings on a new project to try to finish in the month. This month I will focus on my Jewel Frames quilt. 

One of my sisters has asked if I could make a quilt for raffle at her nursing home to raise money for extra-curricular activities. I think this will be a nice, bright quilt to hopefully sell some tickets...

This quilt should work up fairly quickly ( I hope! ) and then I can get to work on a couple of baby quilts for the twins whose due date is fast approaching! I can't wait to meet them. 

Momma-to-be has had extra appointments and visits to the hospital lately, so I've had some fun visits with my grandson. It's been the perfect time to introduce him to the longarm as he is at the age when giant machinery is catching his interest...


As for hand-stitching, I've been poking away at my Happy Days, which was the Sarah Fielke 2016 BOM. Her new BOM has just begun but I'd really like to finish Happy Days before starting on the next one, called Down the Rabbit Hole. 


Circles were something that I have worked hard over the years to perfect, as they were the most difficult for me. Now I find appliqueing circles to be quite relaxing.

I am linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social, and with Elm Street Quilts for One Monthly Goal.

As I finish writing this post I'm noticing that the day has started out with some brilliant sunshine....something we've be missing for some weeks now. Hopefully we can all soak up some Vitamin D today!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goal, such pretty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun for the little one to watch how to quilt and also you can get some work done while taking care of him. right now February is supposed to be above average temperature for us - I hope so - we didn't have much winter weather this year and that is ok with me - be we do need some rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. S is such a cutie! Good luck with your goals this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty fabrics for your quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your February project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blocks are sure to brighten up a dull day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we lived in Vermont, my daughter and I always used to joke that February was the month where you lost the will to live. You started believing that it had always been cold and gray, and that it always would be cold and gray. Forever. (I'm sure that lack of Vitamin D didn't help...)
    (That's the only thing about Vermont I don't miss.)
    Your bright colors will certainly help those gray days pass more quickly! Looking forward to seeing those bright quilts.

    ReplyDelete