Sunday, December 18, 2016

Peaceful stitching time

I'm starting to think that I start each post with commentary about the weather!

We had quite the day yesterday ending with a layer of freezing rain.

Which means that it's the perfect morning to cozy up with a bit more stitching than usual!

I've been trying to get some applique prepped and ready for the holiday season. My main focus has been on my Sarah Fielke 2016 BOM, Happy Days.

Maybe it's because her new BOM for 2017 starts soon! It's called Down the Rabbit Hole and you can read about it here.

This is the block I was working on this morning...



I can see now what the fuss is all about with English Paper Piecing...although I think I need just a bit more practice on my fussy cutting.

We haven't received many Christmas cards this year, but we did receive one from Scotland....


Luckily, it came with a translation on the back....


My Learn to Run class did do our graduation night 5K run...in the bitter cold! I am proud to say that we all rocked it, and even though I'm not speedy I didn't stop once!

I've made many new friends on this journey. Here we all are after our big night...


I think I'll be taking a blogging break 'til the New Year, so have a great holiday season everyone and I'll meet back up with you in 2017!!!

I am linking up with Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for some Slow Sunday Stitching

Have a lovely day!

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the weather - I obsess about it too much and need to stop talking about it. Love your little hexie flowers and I need to get back to work on my hexie quilt after Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about the weather where everyone lives. I moved from Australia to NC about 2 1/2 years ago, so these winters are very new to me! They're exciting and a little scary at the same time! Lol. Your block is pretty. I have most of Sarah's books and they are a joy to just look through, as well as make projects from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your applique is beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt - that quilt along looked really intriguing!
    We got rain on top of snow today - everything is now a luge run...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sew nice to have some handwork to do during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like an awesome new project for 2017!
    Enjoy your stitching through the holidays and we'll see you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a fun and relaxing break. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete