Sunday, July 26, 2015

...more Auntie Green's Garden!.....

What a lovely summer we've been having this year! Nice warm days, the garden is doing great and really nice, peaceful evenings with colourful sunsets...

I've been applique-ing the next portion of Auntie Green's Garden. This part is just plain, boring fun....it's nice once in a while to work on something that is not intricate! I haven't done so many long stems since my Stars and Sprigs, seen here....

......and now on this one.....

When doing something like this I  do what most people probably do....pin down the stems then baste them so they stay put...and I don't have to worry about the pins. I like to baste in highly contrasting thread so I don't miss any when it comes time to pull it out.

Here's how it looks this morning after some stems been stitched and more basted into place....

Now, looking at this picture, I can see how much I've done already, and I can see that this step of the quilt is not going to take as long as I thought!

Now to my quandary. There are two spots on the vine where it overlaps the previous applique and I don't think I like it!!!  Here they are.....


I thought I would just go with the flow but I just can't do it. I'm not sure whether to just remove the flowers/leaves in question or re-stitch them to overlap the stems? I just know I really don't like the look of the vine stitched on top of the other applique!

After this section comes another intensely appliqued border....can't wait! I know this type of quilt is "too much" for some people....but I just love it!

Visit Kathy's Quilts to see what other people are stitching today!

Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment