Sunday, October 18, 2015

Where did Summer go???

 I swear it feels like we were enjoying lovely Summer weather just a couple of weeks ago!.....and, yet, I drove thru' two snow flurries yesterday!

I guess that's Canada, lol, and the different seasons are one of the reasons I love it....but I could have done with a bit more Summer.

Enough about that!!

Another thing to be glad about being Canadian is our right to vote....                                                          

After such a long campaign, I think it will be an interesting day tomorrow!

I wanted to make it up to Waterloo yesterday for their quilt show.....but I had plans that were awesome!

I was asked to join a group of women that enjoy a weekend cottage retreat together regularly. They invited me to share some of what I know about hand-applique. I had a great assistant in my friend, Terry, and we had such a fun day. So much fun that I forgot to ask the women if I could take a couple of pictures :(

I'll have to remember six months down the road to ask if any of them have stuck with this peaceful hobby! I think I'll guess 4 out of the 6 of them, that would make for a successful class, I think.

Today I have to finish up a quilt that will be heading off to Houston this week. Hopefully three hours will do it, then I can enjoy the rest of the weekend with perhaps a trip to Waterford for their Pumpkinfest. I've never been....and honestly don't really think it will happen today, but we'll see.

Of course, I started my day with a little bit of stitching. This morning I was determined to change-up the flower in my Auntie Green's Garden that has bothered me. Not fun, really, having to go back and make a change, but I feel better now.

Here it was before....

....and after.....

Actually, seeing the pictures now, the original wasn't so bad maybe, but it's done now....no more changes!

Have a visit with Kathy over at Kathy's Quilts to see what others are hand-stitching today!

Have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment