Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sunday stitching

We just returned from a lovely getaway to Stratford this weekend. We are a bit early returning, I think, because the weather wasn't conducive to strolling about the town. We sure had enough of the wind on Saturday!

We've never stayed in Stratford before but this weekend was our "mini-honeymoon" to take in a play and stay at the historic Parlour Inn. Here's a picture of it....so beautiful!.....

An added bonus was that it was barely a few minutes walk to the Avon Theatre, where we saw a production of She Stoops to Conquer. I had never heard of this play, even though it is a classic comedy from the 18th century.

Image result for she stoops to conquer stratford images
The theatre was beautiful, the actors divine and the costumes were absolutely wonderful!!! I would definitely want to repeat this experience again another time.

I didn't bother taking any stitching with me thinking I wouldn't miss it, but I have to say I feel a little out of sorts not starting my day off with my regular routine! I will definitely, in the future, always leave home with a little project packed away!

This afternoon, after a trip to Simcoe to take my quilts to the fairgrounds, I will be taking a bit of time to catch up on my Sunday stitching that I missed this morning. Today I'll be working on my Auntie Green's Garden as I realize that if I want it to be done by this time next year for the 2016 Fair, I'd better keep at it on a regular basis.

I'm liking the little flowers that are being added this week.....

Hmmm, it looks better in person, really it does!

Have a great day, and hope to see you at the Fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment