Sunday, October 11, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

When I look on this past year to what I am thankful for I have to say I'm still overwhelmed at the generous spirit of my friends and family and how they were hugely instrumental by the sharing of their many talents on helping us host the most wonderful wedding day.

I'm looking forward to a nice dinner today. I'm still uncertain on who will be here or not....the number seems to change by the hour! For some reason, I'm wanting a delicious homemade apple pie. I haven't made one in a few years, and, after many years of trying to master pie-crust (why was it so hard???!!!), I do think I do a fairly decent job of apple pie. Why, then, have I had the idea of changing it up and baking the "best apple pie EVER"? Well, at least that's what this Pinterest recipe claims! Gotta love Pinterest. We'll see how it turns out!

I've had a bit of time to sew this weekend and spent some time on a Christmas present. This quilt is made using the Quick Curve Ruler by the people at Sew Kind of Wonderful. I've never used this ruler/technique before and was a bit nervous, but it's going well! I'm at the part where I'm squaring up the blocks and still wondering if they will sew together nicely. Here are a few blocks up on the design wall....

The pups woke me up early this morning and I feel like I'm dragging a bit, but I put the extra time to good use by working on the binding of a quilt that will be shipped off to Scotland this week.

  After 35 years of quilting, this is the first "t-shirt" quilt I have made. It's actually made of baby clothes and will be Sofia's first big-girl quilt! I've always heard that clothing made in the UK is of high quality, and you can really feel it in these wee baby clothes! We bought the setting fabrics at Quilt Junction in Waterford and it looks adorable. I wish I was going to be there when they open up the quilt in Fochabers!

Here's a picture of the early morning crew....all I needed was another hour of sleep, guys!!!

 Looks like it will be another beautiful day to take in a Fall Fair....I think the people who run these Fairs must be very happy with the weather this year....I'm sure it makes for good attendance!

Seems like a nice morning to visit with Kathy at Kathy's Quilts to see what other people are stitching this morning!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment