Sunday, June 28, 2015

Auntie Green's Garden!

I am so happy that I found a spare hour or so to prep some pieces for applique for my Auntie Green's Garden this week. This project is what I consider my main applique piece, but it always seems to be put aside for "easier" pieces.

It's not that this is a difficult project, the prep-work is just a chore to me! I have to be so careful picking out the fabrics because some rebels seem to want to make their way in.

Here is a reminder of where I'm at now....

....and on Saturday morning I started with the next are to be stitched...

So this morning I will continue with this....and love it! I'm determined not to rest on this one again! lol, famous last words!

I do want to prepare a couple of my Flower Garden blocks, as well, just so I have a good three weeks worth of pieces ready for me. We are on to the last week before our wedding...which also means three weeks of house-guests starting in the wee hours of the morning on Tuesday, so I don't want to worry about running out of my morning applique!!! I'll need it more than ever to keep me grounded :)

I had two lovely days of classes with Judi Madsen of Green Fairy Quilts. If you look HERE you will see her version of Kim McLean's "Flower Pots". As well as everything we learned, Judi's quilting of this quilt was one of the main techniques I wanted to learn about. The quilt is very similar to my Kim McLean's "Flower Garden" in so many ways....to be able to incorporate some of what I learned this week would be awesome! It is such slow, meticulous work....but spectacular!

Here is a small sample that I won at the end of the class. I'm so glad, since this is exactly the work I would like to try.....Imagine this is a plain block with a the flower being an applique.....

So, one more week and I'll once again be a married woman! We should have a wonderful day, having fun with our friends and family. I'm overwhelmed at some of the help I've received preparing for the day. Such amazing people!

Almost as exciting are some of the activities and restaurants we'll be doing over the next few weeks with our visitors from Alberta and Scotland. Niagara-on-the-Lake (I hope), Twisted Lemon, The Mandarin.....woohoo!

I know that our Albertans like to get to the wineries, but I'm thinking maybe we should head the other way and take them to the Norfolk wineries. The only trouble is there are fewer of them with lots of driving in-between. We'll see!

Lastly, a sneak peek at Cooper's new sleep-spot while I'm doing my morning applique and coffee...every morning for the last week or so he gets out of bed and hops up on the foot-stool at my feet to finish his sleep. What a sweetie!

 Have a look at Kathy's blog, HERE , to see what other people are stitching on today.

 Have a great, albeit dreary, day!


No comments:

Post a Comment