Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sunday Stitching

Summer weekends....just love them! ( I know it's still Spring, but we're getting close!)

My weekend started out Saturday with the big reveal of the mystery quilt I've part of at Quilt Junction. I had a marathon sew-day on Friday trying to get caught up before the reveal....you can read about it here.

My sew-day didn't go exactly as planned. I decided to try the method shown for HST's.  Here is a picture of what I was supposed to do...

....and this is what I did....can you see the problem??....

I was not supposed to sew on either side of the horizontal and vertical lines! I didn't realise it 'til I cut them apart and saw this...
Seams on two sides!...that's not gonna work!!!

Oh well, it's like they always say, it doesn't pay to do things in a hurry!

The "reveal" was fun.....nice quilt and nice people taking part.

Then home to lunch made for me by my husband....yum....
I know...sausage and cheese wrapped in puff pastry not such a healthy lunch, but oh, so good!

We also decided to take a nice drive down to our favourite winery, Kacaba, for a food and wine pairing. It's the first time we've done such a thing and it was a beautiful day for it!

On the way back we stopped at quilt shop in the Beamsville area that I hadn't heard of before attending the Dunnville quilt show two weeks ago, The Quilted Cardinal. A nice, bright shop with lovely fabrics (of course!).
The great thing about visiting a quilt shop is that even when you don't "need" anything, it's nice to add to the neutral stash!

As we were going out the door on Saturday I noticed some twigs on the porch, so I looked up and saw this nest....
I've never seen anything like it so I googled it and it seems to be the nest of some kind of swallow. I'll ask my bird expert on Monday when I see him!

So that brings me to my nice, peaceful applique time this morning. Love it! I've taken up my FlowerGarden quilt again in hopes for it to be completed by the end of September.

Just need to complete the left and right border and it's a real quilt!

These borders look pretty tame compared to the top and bottom borders. If I could handle those then these will be a breeze, right?



 It will be amazing to finally see this quilt come together!

Puppy update

Today the pups are 11 days old. I expected their eyes to start opening by now, but soon I'm sure. They have, though, attempted to get up on their legs and take steps. Their legs just aren't quite strong enough.

Here's Batman (who happens to be a female)...
I also added to my daily hearts this morning with some scraps from a friend to commemorate the pups...
I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts to see what others are working on today!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment