Thursday, November 5, 2015

Decisions, decisions!

So many decisions and preparation this week leading up to retreat with some friends this weekend!

First, the figuring out of which UFO (or three) would be fun to work on! That's actually not a hard choice afterall......I've planned for a while that I would assemble what I have ready of my Flower Garden. So exciting! I can't wait to see it all together.  Here is how it looks before retreat...

Just a pile of blocks! I have all the blocks done and one border. Now they get put together with sashing made of 1.5" squares. I hope I have enough!?
I

Oh well, I'll sew as much as I can and stop if I run out!

This morning I didn't have as much time as I would like to applique, but I did finish a bit of my Auntie Green's Garden. I really enjoyed the soft yellow flowers......but then I hung it on the design wall and now I'm not sure they are going to be a "fit". Hmmm, good enough to leave for now and see if they grow on me (nice pun?). They seem a little washed out with the other flowers, but maybe they'll play nicer once there is more appliqued around them.
 I realised this morning that this border is going together faster than I had thought, (woohoo!!) so maybe I should try to have a bit of the right border prepared for the weekend? Possibly the stems and leaves could be ready. For me, the prep work is what takes the time. At least I have the pieces all drawn out on freezer paper...but cutting them out will be time-consuming also. It is a job that can be done while watching television, though.

There they are, the next 138 pieces! I should really be keeping tally, shouldn't I? It would be something to say,"Here is Auntie Green's Garden and there are 2,580,000 pieces in it"! lol, maybe I exaggerate a little, but I'm sure there could be a couple thousand.....or a few hundred?

I have to say, that seeing the picture of this quilt makes me realise how much I still love this quilt. The thought makes me happy, since I've been working on it so long and still have a lot to do. I did have a quilt that took a long time to make and by the end I didn't even want to look at it. I really don't want this to happen with Auntie Green!

Here is the quilt that took so long. It now resides on the rec room wall. Still not my favourite, but at least I can look at it, appreciate it , and maybe admire it just a little.



Have a great day everyone! (and wish me luck on the next phase of my Circles quilt, which goes off to the next level today)

No comments:

Post a Comment