Friday, November 30, 2018

Mysteries and Quilt-alongs

As you can see, I have added two new "buttons" in the right margin.

One is for Bonnie Hunter's mystery for 2018. I've done a few of Bonnie's mysteries in the past, but I've not done one in a couple of years since this is traditionally my busy time of year on the longarm.

This year I thought I'd try to squeeze it in since her quilts are always a lot of fun, albeit a lot of stitching!

I figured I would do as much as I can each week of the clue given for that particular week.



I have some more strip sets ready to cut and sew...I'll try to take a bit of time to do those before the next clue is revealed today.

I've been stuck on what type of fabrics I'll use and finally am choosing to use "old" stash. Think "Debbie Mumm" colours. I have a ton of this kind of thing kicking around and, now that I've begun on Clue #1, it feels good to be using it up. (Although, is our stash ever used up?????)



The other new "button" is for a Hand-pieced QAL that will start in the new year. It sounds like the perfect project for those of you who have never tried hand-sewing but want to give it a try. 

You can read about it HERE at Elm Street Quilts. There have already been a few posts giving some basic tips and tricks.

.....and....just to tempt you further....

Merry Mayhem's Mystery Quilts!

I've heard about this site, but never tried it. This one leads you through a mystery quilt (it must be small?), that occurs on New Year's Day. A new clue is released every hour.

You can read about it HERE.

I don't know if I'll take part.....but I'd like to! I've joined the Facebook page so I can keep updated and make a decision later.

At this point, I don't know what my day will entail....I'm supposed to go on a little road-trip, but we could have a bit of freezing drizzle....if I don't go out it will be a day on the longarm and a bit of sewing. Either way, a good day in store for me!

I am linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the hand pieced QAL. I do a lot of hand piecing and just love it - much more relaxing than sitting at the machine - and it's amazing how quickly things can come together. You do beautiful appliqué so you will be a natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using up old stash too for the mystery... it's the best way to clear out this old stuff.
    I hope it has some string pieced blocks cause I have tubs of old yucky strips to use up!
    I'm going to do the hand piecing QAL too! Not sure about the New Years mystery yet...
    I might need to take a breather by then :)

    ReplyDelete