Monday, October 30, 2017

One Monthly Goal - October

This past weekend I was away at a quilting retreat.

Of course, for the week before that as I thought of what I'd like to work on, I was tossing projects into the Retreat bag.

Then, later last week I realised that I was getting close to my monthly goal of having my houses completed for Down the Rabbit Hole. I managed to get them stitched up and packed away for Retreat...


So, of course, Down the Rabbit Hole was added at the last moment to the Retreat bag!!

Everything fell together beautifully...





Now I'm at the "elongated hexagon" border. I love the two fabrics I chose....but sewn together to try out the border I'm not sure the floral fabric shows enough contrast :(



I'll just live with it for a bit since I still have to do a bit of applique on the piece before going forward. I'm telling myself that I could probably make the hexagons "pop" more with some strategic quilting....right??

I also got the next "clue" finished for the Magnolia Mystery offered by Meadow Mist Designs...



I have to say, after having the houses as my monthly goal a few times, it feels very good to have them done and I love how they turned out! 

There is even a couple of fussy-cut bit in the windows...



I am linking up with Elm Street Quilts for OMG - One Monthly Goal. Woohoo!!

Have a wonderful Fall day!




8 comments:

  1. I love your Down the Rabbit Hole - really like it - I don't know why I didn't choose to do this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Down the Rabbit Hole quilt is fabulous! I love the little houses: the chicken in the window is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an inspiration! Love your Down the Rabbit Hole!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt top is amazing! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Patty, what an amazing quilt top! My eyes widen and rove all over it, so much goodness to admire! I can't believe there's more, thought it was done at the sunflowers/lollipops round!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this is a very unique quilt! Very Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am reviewing the Designer's website - she has a new 2018 BOM out. Have you had any issues with her patterns? Are they accurate, or does she have a lot of corrections? I am intrigued with her work. Would appreciate any feed back before I sign up. Nanette - fredericsneice@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it's gorgeous! And I love those little peekaboos in the windows!

    ReplyDelete