Friday, February 12, 2016

There comes a time.....

There comes a time when you look around the sewing room and realise that there are some quilts you may never get around to finishing.

It's very freeing to come to a decision on some of them to set them free and call them done!

I've rescued one such quilt in my stash this week. This was a project started at one of my guilds a couple of years ago. One of my friends headed up a "row of the month" that she designed. I had great visions of how this would look in the end but it's been waiting patiently for a long time. 

It's so pretty! I love the jolly look of 30's prints, especially paired up with this beautiful white background. It's only 48" square.....but a perfect size for a little grandson or granddaughter to cozy up with on the couch when visiting Grandma! So this quilt top is officially complete!

It will also be a perfect practice piece for later this Spring after I take some new longarm classes!

It really does feel good to let myself "off the hook" on this one. I'm going to be on the lookout for maybe a couple more to donate to the free table at my guilds. 

Today I'll be quilting on my wedding signature quilt...
I'm excited to work on it since I'll be trying out a new thread line. I've never had great luck using variegated threads on my machine, who knows what I'm doing wrong!! Early on, I invested a small fortune in threads and just can't use them on my client's quilts.

I've recently started to deal with WonderFil threads out of Alberta (love that there's a Canadian company to order from!).  They have recently launched a new variegated line of threads, so I thought that this quilt would be a great opportunity to try it out. Wish me luck! I know so many people would love these types of threads used on their quilts.

Here is the thread I'll be using...
What a pretty sheen it has!

It's a good day to hunker down and play with fabrics today as we are in the start of what has to be the first real cold snap of this winter. Not bad, really, for this far into the season!

Before I go play, I'll just share a picture of a beautiful tablecloth I quilted last week. It was a lot of fun doing some freehand motifs that picked up the floral design in the border...
Have a great day.....and stay warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment