Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Slow start

It's one of those days where it would be nice to just curl up with a book and relax.

You recognise this type of day almost immediately. I slept in, which is highly unusual. It's a snowy day, which hasn't happened too much around here this winter! For some reason I was appliqu-ing in slow-motion with my morning coffee. 

Hmm, coffee!? Maybe another one is in order?

I was hoping to get caught up on my Quilt365/Day in My Life hearts this morning....I did manage to get two sweet little blocks done...
Yesterday I sewed on another row to the main quilt....
When I hung this on the design wall, I realised a "happy accident". I had decided early on to have 15 hearts in a row, which means that every two rows constitutes a month of hearts (somewhat). I didn't plan it that way!  Not a big deal, but in a little way it pleases my sensibilities. So, at a glance, I can see that with these five rows of hearts I have been at it for approximately 2-1/2 months!

I'm a couple of days behind in the 365QuiltChallenge, but did manage two more blocks yesterday, and they are adorable!
Our fireplace is installed but still under construction. This morning seemed particularly cozy doing my stitching by the fire....I think maybe because out the window I could see the bit of snow we had overnight? I've noticed that little Minnie loves napping in front of the fire...
This seems to be her "spot" in mornings now!

As I sit typing this with my extra cup of coffee, I'm realising that my body has a few aches and pains this morning....I hope I'm not coming down with something.....although that would explain my very slow start to the day :-(

I thought it might be nice to share a couple of blogs from time to time which I enjoying reading.

The first is Hilda over at Every Stitch

I discovered Hilda's blog just a few months ago when I saw her version of Auntie Green's Garden, which is a quilt I've been working on also (for a couple of years!). I'm still loving my AuntieGreen, but was wowed by Hilda's neutral version!

Hilda and I seem to be working on a number of similar projects, which makes her even more interesting to me!

One that she is quilting at the moment is the Civil War Bride quilt. I love her version which is done in red. I have to admit, I started this same quilt a few years back and only got two blocks done. Mine were in very dreary fabrics and I'm now certain that that is the reason I lost interest. It is a quilt project that I gave my permission to just abandon.

Another recent find for me is Gayle at Mangofeet

Gayle is another quilter that seems to be working on similar projects as me. Other than her obvious talents, Gayle has a great sense of humour and a knack for writing a fun blogpost!

When you have a moment with a nice warm cup of coffee or tea, please have a visit with these women on their blog and discover their unique talents.  

Hope you're having a better start to your day than me! Oh well, sometimes I think our bodies do this as a message to take a wee break, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment