Thursday, November 5, 2020

One Monthly Goal - November

I just have time for a quick post today to state my One Monthly Goal for November.


This is such a busy time as a longarmer...we're right smack-dab in the season of the Christmas rush as far as longarming goes! 


But I do have to make time for a goal this month. 


I have a 3yr-old granddaughter and thought it would be nice to buy her a baby doll for Christmas...complete with a doll quilt.

When I started looking for dolls, I found a set of fraternal twin dolls. My granddaughter happens to be a fraternal twin so I couldn't pass up on the dolls! And we know what that means....two doll quilts are needed!


I figured I'd use some orphan blocks so as to speed this project along, if I had any appropriate orphan blocks.

Well, of course I do! These 3.5" blocks are some of many that I made a couple of years ago for a sew-along called the 365 Challenge(?). I became disenchanted with my design choice and let this project go.




There are even more of these blocks, so lots to choose from.


I'll try to use a few of these fabrics that were recently gifted to me, they should work for sashing...




So my goal for November will be to have the two quilt tops completed...then they will be ready to finish off in December in time for Christmas. 


I am linking up with Elm Street Quilts for One Monthly Goal, November.

1 comment:

  1. It should be fairly easy to get two doll quilts made when you have the blocks made already. Those blocks will make two very cute quilts. Lucky grand-daughter and lucky dolls!

    ReplyDelete