Friday, December 15, 2017

Who's ready for a challenge?

I've recently come across a new challenge to begin in the new year.

The name of the challenge is 6 x 6 in 2018. The idea is to make a list of 6 UFO's you'd like to finish up in 2018, and 6 new projects you will start...although you don't have to list the new ones as you may not even know what they are yet!

You can read about it HERE at Pomegranate and Chintz or HERE at Frayed at the Edge.

There are a few(!) UFO's I'd like to get to so this sounds like fun to me. I also hate to admit it, but I already have a few new projects starting up in 2018, too. 

I hope some of you will join me in the challenge, as it's always good to get some motivation to attack some UFO's!

*********************************************************************************

Again, another post thinking ahead to 2018 can be found HERE at Quilting Jetgirl. There is also a "button" to the right entitled #2018PlanningParty that will take you there. 

Yvonne is asking us to reflect on our quilting year and list some goals for the year ahead. 

You don't have to write a blog to take part, there are a couple of ways to join in....and to make it even more fun, there are many prizes to be had!

I will be mulling over my projects and deciding soon what will be on the agenda for my 2018.

******************************************************


Today should be my last day at the longarm for 2017, unless I work on something of my own on my Christmas break. I know I would love to have some time do some piecing, that's for sure. Except for the actual busyness of the couple of day around Christmas Day, I hope for some peaceful stitching time.

I came across this teeny quilt that I won earlier this year, made by Sandra Walker at Musings of a Menopausal Melon...



It's been in my living room all year but now it actually goes with the decor! When I took this picture today, it was the first time I noticed that Sandra had actually fussy-cut a star to top the tree, lol! So cool!

******************************************************

I like that the last client quilt of the year is one made by my sister-in-law. For years she has said that she'd like to learn to make quilts....and now she has!

I also like that she took a beginner's class at her LQS, it certainly pays off. 

I especially like that this quilt is Canada-themed....a nice one to close out our sesquicentennial year! There are even patches commemorating the Tragically Hip.




We had a couple of errands to do on Thursday, so we stopped for lunch at Urban Parisian in Port Dover. I also had the free Peppermint Hot Chocolate that I'd won....so yummy and so worth the sugar intake!...



I am linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop?, and with Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or Not Friday.

Well, I'd best get at it. Looks like we are in for another snowy day so I'm glad I can stay inside and spend my time in the studio!







Image result for snowy day images

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention of Meredithe's and my challenge for next year - we are delighted that lots of quilters are signing up for it! Have a wonderful Christmas, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look into this challenge...I know the Quarterly FAL has really helped as has the OMG. I think I have enough UFOs to be able to take part in all three LOL. How lovely to see my little ornament there, as I did on Instagram the other day, thanks for that boost to my spirits. Lots of snow here too, so weird; I feel like I'm back in Alberta, perish the thought! Love your SIL quilt. So hope to at least get my CA flimsy together by Dec. 31

    ReplyDelete