Sunday, October 23, 2016

Time to slow down

What a beautiful Sunday morning. I haven't stepped outside yet to know if it's warm or cool, but the view out the window is great.

I feel well-rested this morning as I sit with my coffee and applique. It would be nice to take the whole morning but there's things that need doing!

I did get a few of my daily hearts sewn for my Quilty365/A Year in My Life...



I feel excited that this quilt will soon be complete. I think my ending date is November 11th, so not long now. I'll probably have to do a bit more to make up the quilt...each row of my quilt is 15 hearts, so it'll take a few more to complete the final row....unless I think of a better ending!

Here is a recent picture of this quilt...
I was thinking this quilt would stand alone with no borders, but now I'm not sure. I do like a nice red border....or maybe I should go with something different for me and do blue???

I find with a scrappy quilt like this that whatever I put on the border, that's the colour that will "pop" in the quilt. I imagine I will do some auditioning of fabrics if I choose to do a border.

Yesterday I went to a Tea/Quilt Show in Port Dover. The tea was very well-done with lovely sandwiches, elegant setting and good company. 

I whizzed thru' the quilt show part of it because I was, for some reason, starting to feel exhausted. I know it's been a busy time lately but this was overwhelming.

I was in bed by 8:30 last night and slept for ten hours....quite unusual for me, but I must have needed it. I feel much better this morning.

I did manage to take a couple of pictures at the quilt show...





I really must get back to appliqueing my Auntie Green's Garden....another two quilts have recently caught my attention! 

One of these quilts happens to be a pattern Kathy talks about today on her blog. Have a visit with her to have a look, and also to see what others are poking at for Slow Sunday Stitching.

I am also linking up with Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh, Scrap!.

5 comments:

  1. I love your Quilty 365 made of hearts! The picture of your blocks all together is so fun to see. That represents quite an undertaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your hearts quilt! It is amazing! Whatever you do for a border will be great! Hey what about a vine with little hearts instead of leaves?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your heart quilt is going to be beautiful and worth every stitch. If you don't want extra hearts to round out your quilt you could sprinkle in some flower blocks or even a word. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you can almost pull out any color in a scrap quilt and then that color seems to sparkle throughout the quilt. Nothing better than seeing quilts hung over pews. They seem to go together as if they were meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, your hearts are amazing. That is going to be such a fun scrap quilt to see finished.

    ReplyDelete