Sunday, October 16, 2016

Sunday Stitching

It's been a nice slow start to the day. 

As usual, I started my day with a bit of applique. I completed this block from my Happy Day quilt. I think it's one of the prettiest blocks I've ever done...
I'm a little at odds with my applique at the moment. So many projects, so little time. Since I've finished my FlowerGarden quilt, I'm not sure which quilt will be my main focus.

I know it should be my AuntieGreen's, but I just don't feel like it at the moment...
I do still love this quilt and I know I could just put it aside for a couple of months and come back to it. The thing is, once this quilt is done I am sure I'll be thinning out the stash and I am so looking forward to that.

Hmmm, maybe I'll do the prep work for the next border and that will get me going. I think that's what stalls things sometimes....the darn prep work! 


Yesterday was packing-day for my trunk show that I'm doing Monday evening. 

Every time I do a trunk show I say it's to be my last...but here I go again! 

I've never considered myself a person who speaks in public. When I do, I try to imagine myself putting on an imaginary jacket of one who is a public speaker. Funny enough, now that I've done this a number of times, I guess I have become a person who speaks in public. If you'd have told me five years ago that I would be doing this, I'd have bet quite a bit of money saying you were wrong.

This is definitely the last time!


My family has been growing by leaps and bounds lately. We've gone from having one grandson to having seven grandchildren by the end of February 2017!

My eldest son and his wife have a two-year old and now are expecting twins! 

There is something that the expectant parents do now to find out the gender of their baby....it's called a Reveal Party.

A lot of times a friend of the pregnant couple will have results from the ultrasound and get a pink or blue cake made up. Then, in a gathering of family and friends the cake is cut open to reveal to all, including the expectant parents, the gender of the baby.

For our Reveal Party, the friend of my DIL had two large balloons hanging from the ceiling...


They popped the first balloon and had blue confetti sprinkle down....
....at this point I started bawling my eyes out and didn't get a picture of the second one which contained lots of pink confetti!

So, a boy and a girl!

I must admit, I'm kind of old school and think the ultimate surprise in life is when a baby is born and the doctor says, "it's a boy/girl!", but this was so exciting and fun, I can see why its a "thing".

I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching and with Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh, Scrap!.

Have a great day and hope you can enjoy some downtime with your needle and thread!


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your expanding family. That will be an exciting time for you. I agree the prep work in applique is time consuming

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your applique! Beautiful work. Good luck with the trunk show. But most of all, Congratulations on the expected twins!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, prepping for a project can be a real pain, but it doesn't get done unless we prep. We're having a new grandchild in December. Our son & DIL have decided not to find out ahead of time if it is a boy or girl, which is perfectly fine. I'm sure the reveal party was fun! I love your Aunt Green's Garden. I have the pattern but I'm not sure when she will come up on the list to applique. Blessings, Gretchen villacrestfarm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your growing family! I am in the process of packing for a trunk show and I feel the same way. But once I get there, I always enjoy the process. Thanks for sharing your lovely projects with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More babies - what fun to have twins in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you. I don't want to know ahead of time the gender of the child. Twins will be fun. Twice as nice.

    Love your applique quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your applique is beautiful! I like having multiple projects going so if I get tired of one, I've got something different to pick up! My daughter is expecting her third ... they are waiting until delivery to find out if it's a girl or boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO exciting for your growing family!
    The prep work for applique is very time consuming. Hope you made some progress on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete