Sunday, July 3, 2016

Quilty365 Update

Well, it's that time again.

Time to check in with the monthly update on the Quilty365 project, or as I call mine, A Year in My Life.

It's been difficult to catch up as I've been enjoying my FlowerGarden applique, but at least I don't think I'm any further behind than last month!



I'm still determined that I won't give up on this quilt. I will perserve until November when the year of hearts will be complete!

At times it is feeling like a chore to continue, but I've stuck with it for so many days and am still enjoying it. I definitely want to see this one through!

I've had friends donating fabrics they think may be useful. This one for the last day of school for children this past week...
...and the tomatoes....
...this one I actually asked for from a friend to commemorate Canada Day this past week...
I have been sewing them together in date order and everything is looking great. I'm surprised that this has happened twice....

....after sewing the hearts into rows, there are background fabrics matching up to the row previous. I try to use so many different fabrics, it's hard to believe this has happened....twice. Oh, well.

Here is what I have so far....
There are 14 rows of 15 hearts, adding up to 210 hearts. I started on November 11th. I still have some hearts to prepare to be caught up. I think I'll take a bit of time today to do some prepping.

This past week I talked about the ironing table we were working on in this post here. It is complete and being used...
I wanted it fairly tall so we've started at around 37", approximately the same height as my cutting table. I've worked at tall ironing boards on Retreat so knew I wanted something a little taller than the average ironing board. This may be a little too tall but I'll live with it for a week to see how it feels....it will be an easy fix if I decide to lower it a couple of inches if need be. There a couple more shelves to install....I'm just not quite sure what will be stored here yet. Love it!!!

On Saturday I listened to an interview on NPR with Norman Lear (creator of shows like All in the Family, The Jeffersons, etc.). He is in his nineties and still smart and funny to listen to. He was asked what word meant most to him. I always want to remember his reply....he said two most important words in the world are "over" and "next". How nice it would be to just be able to let something go because it is "over". 

Puppy update

The pups are able to scamper around now, so cute.

I was able to get a picture this morning of our cat giving one of the pups a little grooming...
....and here's a picture just because it's adorable...

I am linking up with Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts, and with Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh,Scrap, and with Audrey at Quilty Folk to see everyone else's monthly progress on their Quilty365.

I'm also linking with MolliSparkles for Sunday Stash to show off my new ironing table....I'm pretty sure I was inspired by a blog from there last week to check out Ikea for the cabinet!

It looks like it's going to be another glorious Summer's day and I intend on enjoying it. I hope you can, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment