Thursday, July 7, 2016

Another new start....


Here we go! A start to yet another project!

Today is the beginning of the Meadow Mystery hosted at Meadow Mist Designs. The instructions will be given out once a month until next April and are for a lap-size quilt.

I'm not sure about my fabric choices. Do I use my stash and do it scrappy.....and this is what I should do! Or do I use coupons for fabrics at my local quilt shop and get fresh, new fabrics?....which is what I'd like to do!

The problem is, I'm not liking my stash too much anymore :(

I know I've probably said it before but I'll say it again.....I think I've gone thru' the "fabric change of life". 

Reveal day results...

Yesterday was the reveal day for our Shoebox quilts. You can read about the concept in my previous post here.

I just thought I would share pictures of the quilts that were revealed. Eight of the twelve people involved have at least got their blocks into a quilt top, not bad!

First, a star-themed quilt where we had a fabric that was to appear in all the blocks. We all remarked on the whimsy in setting the blocks in a wonky fashion... 
Second, in this quilt we were given a specific range of brightly coloured fabrics...

 Next, a lovely basket quilt with the background fabric and a brown fabric as a unifying factor...

 The owner of this quilt was so pleasantly surprised to receive all beautifully appliqued blocks for her flower themed quilt...
A tree theme...I wasn't fussy on the blocks I had prepared for this one, but they look quite all right in the finished top!...
An "I Spy" quilt, borrowed back from my friend's grandson for the day...
A house quilt, put together in a unique, exciting way....
....and a beautiful star quilt, for which we were given specific colour choices...
.....and we had a quilt still in the planning stages for which we all gave our two cents worth, so I think my friend went home with some fun ideas!...
....oh, and mine, which I've posted about previously...
We all had a fun afternoon showing our quilts, snacking and sharing ideas as we escaped the heat wave for a bit! 

Have a great hot, humid day and maybe have a listen to my favourite Summer song....


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoLogdbVS3U




1 comment:

  1. Kopiering af Moncler tøj er meget flot og meget tempereret.køb moncler jakker Jeg kan virkelig godt lide denne replika Moncler kjole. Butikservice er meget god, kvaliteten af tøjet er meget god, og prisen er meget god. køb moncler boern gilet Jeg synes jeg er meget billig og billig.

    ReplyDelete