Thursday, August 27, 2015

Mixed feelings.....

As I'm waiting for a visitor this morning, I thought I'd do something productive. I just had two more borders to attach to my Circles so thought it would be nice to have a "finish" today!

Here it is freshly hung on the design wall.....
Now, it does feel good to have a "finish"....I think we can all agree with that....but as I was pressing out the last border I felt a bit melancholy. I really enjoyed working on these Circles! It's a project from a kit I bought at Quilt Canada last year. It was a go-to project when I just needed something simple to occupy my time. It was also my first time, I think, working with these types of fabrics. So many good memories went into the stitches of this quilt!

I really wanted this one completed soon as it is on my calendar to quilt on the longarm in September. (Yes, if us longarmers don't put our own quilts on the schedule they never seem to get quilted!) The fabrics are so soft, though, that if I paired it up with some wool batting it would be a dream to hand-quilt!!!!

Thanks to one of my friends, KathyH, for introducing me a few years back to what is now my favourite perennial , the Hibiscus. I now have a couple in my garden and I've been waiting patiently (or not) for them to bloom this summer. I know my garden always seems to be a bit behind in blooming, but this year I think it seems more-so.

Finally, a few buds are showing and I should have beautiful big blooms in the next few days!

Have a bloomin' good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment