Thursday, August 20, 2015

Garden, colouring and creativity!

I was able to do a bit of applique with my morning coffee today and was able to come finish the intertwining vine on my Auntie Green's Garden. It always feels good to come to a "next part" of a project!

As I sat there, I took a look at the flower that has offended me....

...and I thought it wasn't so bad after-all! I've had a new piece prepared to make a change to this flower, but figure I will leave it.

Until I hung the piece on the design wall to admire my progress....

....and my eye keeps being drawn to that flower! So, tomorrow morning I will remove it. So strange with all the fabrics going on in this quilt, one silly fabric choice is slapping me in the face! lol

Lately I heard of something that has been around for awhile, but I hadn't heard of it......colouring books for grown-ups. I hear they can be used to bring down the stress level of our busy lives. Well, I have my daily hand-stitching for that but I loved to colour as a girl, so I got myself a book and some lovely pencil crayons.

Here is my first picture, I loved sitting on my lunch break and colouring a bit but I'm sure if I don't watch out, this could become a huge time-sucker!

I'm going to date each picture as I do them and write a little caption of what is going on in my life that day....like a type of journal.

I've been doing a lot of stitch-in-the-ditch (SID) on the current quilt on the longarm this week. Today I finally get to play with some of the creative stitching! It's funny, though, for the first three years of my longarming career I avoided doing SID, but now I quite like it. Of course, it's worth doing as it really gives a tailored look to the quilt, in my opinion.

I took classes in June with Judi Madsen of Green Fairy Quilts. I've been determined to use what I've learned and today I'll start out with a cute little motif.....

Fun!

Have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment