Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Snow Days

I don't know what it is about "snow days"....on Tuesday the schools were cancelled again due to bad weather (not that this means anything for me at this point of my life!), and my husband didn't have to go to work. 

For some reason, snow days make it difficult for me to discipline myself to work on the longarm.

So....I got a bit of sewing done!

First off, I needed to catch up on my Temperature Quilt....



I like it even more now that the second row (February) is being added.


Then I worked on this week's block for the Harry Potter QAL. The block this week is Luna....



This block took all the concentration I could muster. I kept thinking, "done is better than perfect"....but in the end she turned out just fine.....whew!!! Like I mentioned on my Instagram post, I love the block, but I'm glad there is just one Luna in the quilt!

Here are my blocks, so far...



I'm quite happy with them!

I also sewed this week's block for 52blocks52weeks, hosted by CQA....




I was wondering whether to continue with the 52blocks52weeks sewalong, as I seem to have so much going on....but it's such a small commitment every week I've decided to keep playing :)


In November of 2016 I posted about a quilt I was excited about starting, the Chapman Coverlet. You can read about it HERE.

I had started off by appliqueing two of the tiny 2.5" blocks, as you can see in the post. Well, that was about it for that one, it promptly got forgotten about. Although...from time-to-time it would whisper to me and I would promise to get back to it one day, as I still liked it.

Even this past week, while I was tidying a bit, I came across the two lonely blocks again....and thought, "someday".

Then something funny happened....someone commented on the Instagram post regarding my Chapman Coverlet asking if I had kept it up, even though she noticed the post was from 2016.

That's all I needed, I guess, a kick in the pants. I chatted back and forth with this woman on Instagram and looked at the pictures of her Chapman Coverlet....and got inspired.

These blocks are small and quick....I can work on them frequently and not take time from bigger projects.





This will be a glorious, scrappy quilt!! 

That's all for now. It's actually another snowy, blustery day in my neighbourhood, but I will make my way up to work on the longarm....discipline in action!!!

Please, stay warm and safe....maybe you can have a sew-day???

I am linking up with Susan at Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers

I am also linking this post to the first Harry Potter Linky Party hosted by Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts.





4 comments:

  1. Love all your projects! So nice to restart the Chapman Coverlet, it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!!! I hadn't seen the Harry Potter QAL blocks before. Super cute. Love your temp quilt project, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly were productive on your snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute Potter blocks! love them :0) greetings from Denmark, Ulrike :0)

    ReplyDelete