Wednesday, May 23, 2018

It's been a while!

Well, I knew a while ago that May was going to be a very busy month....but I didn't know that I wouldn't even have a few moments to do a blog post!

The jam-packed calendar continues until mid-June.

Here are a few highlights of the month so far, beginning with our quilt show at the beginning of May.

I was able to see my Down the Rabbit Hole hanging. This was the quilt that was completed just in time! 




Part of the fun was strolling around looking at the quilts with Gail of The Cozy Quilter and Kathy of Kathy's Quilts




And I was only able to visit with one of the vendors (due to a series of events brought on by the terrific wind storm that weekend), so was only able to make one purchase...



I wish I could make time to do some prep-work on this before heading to Nova Scotia, as it would make a perfect travel project, but I don't know if there is time for that!

The quilt show was followed by a quilting retreat. Why is it that it feels so relaxing while on retreat, but you come home exhausted???

Here is our hostess, Lana of Quilt Junction...




Here is our set-up for the three days, in the ballroom at the Elm Hurst Inn ....




....and the beautiful view from my room...




I managed to work on a few projects, such as my RSC18, Squared Away...




...and some of my Simple Folk pieced blocks...





It was also fun to see what others were working on!...




....and I even had to get a picture as proof that I am no longer a salmon virgin...


...that's a big piece of salmon! I figured if I was ever going to try salmon, doing it at a 5-star Inn may be the place to do it!

I did manage to get all the blocks completed for our BOM we've been doing at the Haldimand Guild this past year....






I am going to like this quilt once it is done. The irony is that despite the simple blocks, there were many errors in the pattern which made it frustrating. The further irony?....it wasn't until I had all the blocks on the design wall that I saw that I had made a huge design error in the planning of this! So funny! Oh well, keeps one humble, I guess!!  I'll elaborate at a future time.


Right on the heels of the quilt show, and the retreat....race weekend!

I had three races that weekend....not sure I'll do that again, but I did have a lot of fun!




.....and managed to have a wee visit with my daughter at the Optometrist where she works....obviously we have good taste in sunglasses....



This past week was more of the same...so busy with visitors from Alberta. Somehow I still managed to get a bit of applique accomplished. 

Here is the first block of Tomato Soup, The Sequel (almost)(finally!!) done...




Today I am linking up with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social, and with Susan at Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers.

Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun and productive retreat! I need three days of uninterrupted sewing time too. Your appliqué block is beautiful! Congrats on all that running too. Sounds like a fun and busy time

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Sandra, when have you had time to sleep....that's an incredibly busy, productive, fun time you have had. I admire you for all the projects you have on the go, awesome!!!! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always in awe of your projects...what wonderful quilting and piecing,etc. You packed a lot into those days it seems and accomplished a lot while having a good time.

    ReplyDelete