Sunday, June 18, 2017

Taking it easy...

I'm relaxing into my day this morning with some quilting on my Year in My Life...


Quilting came to a stop, though, when my Ott Lamp finally has a burnt out bulb...


I love to stitch under this floor lamp...I find it difficult to stitch without it! The bulbs are expensive, but this is the first one to burn out and I've used it practically every day since I bought the lamp in 2008!! So, not bad value!

I feel exhausted after spending two days at Quilt Canada in Toronto. I think it's more like a mental exhaustion from all the sensory overload. How wonderful to be in a convention hall full of people with the same passion!

At Quilt Canada it took me by surprise to come around a corner and see this quilt...


I've totally forgotten about this quilt...it is one I started also a few years ago. The idea was to hand-piece a wee house, one a day for a year. 

I love the fussy cutting...


I've located my "wee houses"...believe me, it took a few minutes...



.....time to resurrect this ufo!!

If any of my friends happen to come across some little bits that could be fussy-cut for my windows, it would be much appreciated! They measure at about 3/4" finished.

I am linking up with Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching so we can see what others are working on today.




14 comments:

  1. I especially love your little houses with the peopled windows so cute hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you email me with your address, I will send you some pieces for your houses. I did not make it to Quilt Canada this year. I needed a day to myself yesterday. Badly. I love my Ott light too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great house quilt!
    Even though they are expensive, I think you got your money's worth from that Ott light considering how much you use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love house quilts...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a huge project that would be...all of those houses. I also love my Ott lights. I have had two of them for probably 15 years and only had to replace one light bulb so far. I suppose I'm probably overdue for one going out soon. --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. The big house quilt is wonderful. I can see why it inspired you to pull out your house project and begin anew.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about the light bulb. My Ott light has been such a lifesaver during the overcast days of winter when I'm at the quilt frames. I love the house quilt. I'd be glad to send you some window pieces - just send me your address if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hearts are lovely and I especially like your house quilt with the gold sashing and red cornerstones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little houses are cute. I hope you finish this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little houses sure strike my fancy! Where would I be able to find the pattern, or just the size of the block. I doubt I'd live long enough to complete a full quilt, but a few for fun would be nice. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google "Building Houses From Scraps." I got the pattern years ago on Etsy. A German (I think) lady sold the pattern and had a website showing her quilt and others. The block finishes at 3 inches before adding sashings. It's fun, adorable, and addictive. I made one today and plan to start making them again!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I'll give it a try.

      Delete
  11. Good morning Sandra, I will definitely find some scraps for you in my stash. That quilt is amazing and I even wondered if you were making it. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete