Sunday, May 28, 2017

A little bit of stitching...

I've been putting quilting stitches into my Year In My Life/Quilty365 this week. 

I was getting such peace from the sight of the hand-stitching that I had to take a moment just to reflect and enjoy....and I had to take
a picture!


I really do get such a peaceful feeling when I am quilting. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again.....hand-quilting is good for my soul...I like my applique time, but hand-quilting takes it to another level. It really is my daily meditation time.

As opposed to this.....


I'm also binding a quilt. I know that people enjoy it, but to me it's just something that has to be done to have a completed quilt :)


There wasn't much time for stitching this morning as we had to leave quite early for Woodstock, Ontario for the Dairy Run!

I'm sure I read that this would be a fast-paced race....meaning nice and flat. But, no, there were many, many darned hills!

It was a tougher race than usual for me but still lots of fun!






It was a tough race, but a special one, as it was the first time crossing the finish line with a friend!


Saturday evening I looked up and saw the pups posing for a perfect picture....and luckily I had my phone with me!...

(It would have been a much better picture if I'd gotten the rest of the mulch on to cover the landscape fabric!)

I think they were having a wee rest before the beginning of a week of "getting it on"....yes, by the beginning of August we should be having a litter of puppies. 

I am going to relax for a bit and see who else is linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.




5 comments:

  1. good for you running - I wish I could but a medical problem keeps me from running - I walk good though! love your quilts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the run. Your quilts are looking good. The dogs are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that binding fabric! I'd help you finish it if I could... it's my favourite (as opposed to running, which I would only do if my house was on fire!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love hand stitching a binding on and have recently started needle turned applique. Your applique quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I even like ironing the washed fabric! I agree with you on all points. Great for you ladies to do the runs!

    ReplyDelete